Our aim is to support the development of the coaching profession here in Switzerland, building on the ground-breaking work of the International Coach Federation (ICF). The ICF is the largest not-for-profit professional association worldwide of personal and business coaches with more than 30,000 members in more than 130 countries and over 120 chapters in more than 50 countries worldwide.
ICF was founded in 1995. If you are wondering about hiring a coach, this site will help you to find out more about coaching, and if you would like, to find a coach.
If you are a coach, or are interested in becoming one, this site will help you learn about credentialing and coach training options, as well as regular opportunities to meet your peers at networking meetings around Switzerland and conferences around the world. We invite you to become a member of the ICF and ICF Switzerland and to join us in building this important new profession.
The purpose of ICF Switzerland is to support, develop and to preserve the standards of professional coaches in Switzerland in order to serve corporate and personal clients at the highest levels of competency and integrity.
ICF Switzerland adheres to a clear description and understanding of the profession of coaching, as well as competencies, standards and ethical guidelines for the professional coach, as described in the principles of the International Coach Federation. www.coachingfederation.org
ICF'S CORE VALUES
We uphold the highest standards both for the coaching profession and our organization.
We set and demonstrate standards of excellence for professional coach quality, qualification and competence.
We value the social connection and community building that occurs through collaborative partnership and co-created achievement.
We are inclusive and value the diversity and richness of our global stakeholders. We put people first, without compromising standards, policies and quality.
OUR ENVISIONED FUTURE
Coaching is an integral part of society and ICF members represent the highest quality in professional coaching.
OUR MISSION and OBJECTIVES
Within this purpose the association pursues the following core objectives:
- To raise awareness about the coaching profession in the wider community
- To provide a community network through local ICF Chapters where our members can share knowledge and issues of professional interest and concern;
- To have the profession of coaching officially recognized by the appropriate Swiss authorities;
- To support and collaborate with our members to provide resources and solutions for their clients;
- To support the credentialing of coaches and accreditation of training institutions in accordance with ICF professional standards.